Which do you like better and why? They're the same set of photos, only each cropped differently. I can't decide which I like better for the first set. The second set focuses on such different views that I almost see them as completely separate photos.


This is a lovely little courtyard hidden off the street, behind theStaple Inn buildings area. Never would have found it if I didn't leave for work so early and have a knack for wandering ("getting lost").




Holborn, London WC1
5 comments:
I like the cropped one better b/c the original gives the impression that it is too bright. And there is a glare, which is lovely, but somehow the cropped one looks less bright (in a good way) and it brings out the greenness and the building.
And then it kind of brings in the focus on that beam of light.
Good point, and it does look less bright, doesn't it? You'll have to look at this post again (in editing I decided to add another photo set).
1st set: I like the bottom photo. The framing balances out the glare.
2nd set: I like the top photo. All the lines draw my eyes toward the archway. I'd like the bottom best if the angle was head on...so that the archways were centered/lined up.
Ah, you're right, that would look nice if the archways lined up. Shame I can just drag the photo over some. It's frustrating to look at photos you've taken and see something better you could do but you can't actually go back to the place tomorrow and redo it. Oh well, a good thought for the future!
Post a Comment